Alibaba Cloud Hackathon Registration
A. WHO CAN JOIN
1. Individual founders, startups, young (or early-stage) companies based in the Philippines
2. The participants should already be using one form or another of cloud computing, whether basic or advanced.
B. HOW TO JOIN
PHASE 1: APPLICATION AND PRELIMINARY SCREENING
1. Register below.
2. After your registration, expect an email from us to inform you of the detailed mechanics and the next steps in the application process.
PHASE 2: MENTORSHIP
1. If you pass Phase 1, you must participate in the 6-week mentorship phase on product and business development, regulations and compliance, and pitching. The mentorship aims to provide insights and guidance for you to be able to produce and/or enhance your proposed solutions addressing the industry problem statement.
2. The mentors will be Digital Pilipinas Technical Working Group core members per industry – including officers of relevant industry associations, senior executives of private companies, technologists and technology enablers, and representatives from government agencies and regulators, where applicable.
PHASE 3: PRESENTATION & DEMONSTRATION
1. The hackathon will culminate in a product demonstration day, where participants will be judged based on the following criteria:
a. Potential Impact: The extent to which the technology solution can address an issue or a need and its potential to be a game-changer within the specified industry.
b. Feasibility of the solution and the business model when implemented in the market / in real life for both industry players and consumers.
c. Potential to expand overseas.
d. Differentiation of the solution: Has it been done before within the specified industry?
2. The judges for will be from the Digital Pilipinas Technical Working Group for each industry.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
1. Opportunity to be mentored and to collaborate with industry leaders and technology enablers to create a proof of concept addressing an industry problem.
2. Opportunities for networking and media visibility
Opportunities for networking and media visibility.
USD$ 10,000 worth of Alibaba Cloud credits and free cloud migration support
Co-marketing opportunities/PR activities with Alibaba Cloud
Stage time and booth space to showcase your ideas in the Digital Pilipinas – Philippine Fintech Festival in October 2023 (contingent on eligibility).
USD$ 5,000 worth of Alibaba Cloud Credits and free cloud migration support.
Co-marketing opportunities with Alibaba Cloud.
FOR ALL SHORTLISTED PARTICIPANTS
USD$ 3,000 worth of Alibaba Cloud credits
Up to 50% commercial support from Alibaba Cloud on selected cloud products
Click the hackathon pillar you are interested in to know
and the specific industry problem statement and schedule
A. PROBLEM STATEMENT
Insurtech exists today to help insurance companies and agencies work more efficiently and enable insurance companies to offer better products/services.
How can we encourage more local insurtech players to support the insurance industry with the end goal of creating more accessible and customizable products and services in third-party platforms and marketplaces at a faster pace?
|Submission of Documents for Preliminary Screening||TBA|
|Notification to Shortlisted Participants via Email||TBA|
|Presentation and Demonstration||TBA|
|Announcement of Winners||TBA|